Stephen M Taylor
Hello from South Florida!
Formally my call sign was KI4SFL and changed to W1HQL.
After myentry into amateur radio when I was 53 years young, Idiscoverd from my father, after all these years, that my grandfather (his dad) was an amateur radio operator. ..After some research, we believe we recovered his call sign, W1HQL. I promptly checked to see if this sign was being used by anyone else. To my surprise it was not, so I applied for a "vanity call".
My shack currently consists of a Kenwood 440, Yaesu FT 8800, RigBlaster+, and of course a computer running HRD.
Antennas are "Inverted V's"a home made"copper-cactus" and a 5 ele vhf/uhf beam mounted on a tripod and telescope gimbals for satellite work and aMSquare vhf.uhf array with AlfaSpid Rotor.
My log consist of QSO's 50% digital and 50% phone. I am working at becoming proficient enough to GOTA with CW.
- E.A.R.C (president). (Everglades Amateur Radio Club)
- Wellington Packet Radio Club, and the
- D.R.C.of Miami (Dade Radio Club).
- A.M.S.A.T. (Please make a donation to them if possible)
- 3 SuccessfulARISS-School contacts. Working on #'s 4,5,&6
- Working FM Satellites
- Always Preparing for Field Day
- Full Time Echolink Node (744293) VHF on 146.835 rptr. (Completed)
- Resolution with the City of Homestead to make the Everglades Amateur Radio Club officially part of their backup emergency communications plan. (Completed)
- Rx imagery from NOAA Satellite
- ARISS Technical Mentor